- Vauxhall will provide Roadside Assistance for NHS Staff who drive a Vauxhall vehicle of any age or mileage during the COVID-19 pandemic
- To access this service NHS Staff who do not have roadside assistance call the Vauxhall Assistance contact number 0800 197 2049 and quote ‘NHS Key Worker’
- Roadside Assistance is available for NHS Staff If their vehicle breaks down at the roadside more than ¼ mile from home and is immobilized
- If the vehicle is unable to be repaired at the roadside, a suitable recovery will be arranged for the vehicle to be taken to the nearest Vauxhall Authorised Repairer up to a distance of 10 miles from the breakdown location
- The cost of any parts or specialist services required to complete a vehicle repair remain the customers responsibility
Roadside Assistance - Service Provided
If the vehicle breaks down at the roadside more than ¼ mile from home and is immobilized, we will send out assistance to get you back on the road. This may be a permanent repair or temporary solution to keep the vehicle mobile until a permanent repair can be performed.
If we are unable to repair the vehicle at the roadside, a suitable recovery will be arranged for the vehicle to be taken to the nearest Vauxhall Authorised Repairer or Independent Motor Trader of your choice up to a distance of 10 miles from the breakdown location.
If your vehicle is recovered we will offer a taxi journey for you and your passengers to continue the journey to a single destination up to 20 miles.
Roadside Assistance - How to Engage the Service
Please call the Vauxhall Assistance contact number 0800 197 2049 and quote ‘NHS Key Worker’
Please ensure you have to hand the following key details:
- The vehicle’s make, model and registration number
- The exact location of the vehicle – the road you are on or the nearest road junction
- The number of the phone you are using
- The cause of the breakdown, if you know it
During the initial contact the Vauxhall Assistance team will work with you to confirm any special requirements.
Roadside Assistance - Services not included
While Vauxhall Assistance aims to bring you peace-of-mind motoring, it only covers manufacturer-based or mechanical faults on your vehicle. The cost of any parts or specialist services required to complete a vehicle repair remain the customers responsibility as does any breakdown resulting from a fault that we have previously attended where the original fault has not been properly repaired or you have not followed our advice after a temporary repair. Onwards mobility is not covered after the initial recovery or taxi support to get you to the location of your work / home.
Who is covered?
All NHS staff driving their Vauxhall vehicle upon receipt at the roadside or home of their current NHS Care Identity Number (Smart Card) or Trust ID Badge to prove their eligibility to the program.