When you’re in the market to buy a used car, there are several key factors that need to be considered. However, the choice between used petrol cars and used diesel cars is undoubtedly one of the most important decisions of all, which is why it’s important to equip yourself with the necessary info to make an informed selection.
Here’s all you need to know when looking at the best Vauxhall used cars on the market.
Used Petrol Cars
In terms of driving styles, petrol-powered vehicles suit sportier driving styles as they need to be revved. They are particularly suited to rural driving, shorter journeys, and city driving. If the initial outlay is a concern, a used Vauxhall petrol car will be significantly cheaper than the diesel variant.
Petrol cars aren’t as relaxed in cruising mode, but this does arguably make driving more fun, especially around the city. They may struggle a little more up hills, but most Vauxhall models are still capable of handling this task. Still, you might wish to avoid it if you are doing this regularly.
If you love driving a manual gearbox and use the vehicle for modern family life, the petrol car is probably going to be the most practical solution.
- Used petrol cars tend to be a little cheaper than their diesel counterparts.
- Tax is cheaper in the first year than the equivalent diesel models.
- Less damaging to the environment, albeit not to the level you may think.
- Long-term running costs are greater.
- May struggle in difficult conditions that require lots of power.
- Aren’t as relaxed as diesels, particularly on long journeys.
Used Diesel Cars
Generally speaking, used diesel cars offer a more relaxed driving experience as they do not need to be revved as much. Moreover, they are suited to automatic gearboxes. However, approved Vauxhall used vehicles can still be a lot of fun.
Diesels were once considered to be very loud and very damaging to the environment. However, advancements in technology have drastically improved both of these situations, making them more attractive than ever before.
However, the stop-start nature of driving around the city could clog your Diesel Particulate Filter. So, if you primarily deal with this type of driving you may wish to think again and choose petrol.
- Fuel efficiency is greater, outweighing the extra costs per litre.
- Perform exceptionally well on motorways and in difficult situations.
- They hold their value very well when it comes to selling.
- Can cost significantly more than the petrol alternative.
- DPF replacements are costly and will make the car fail its MOT.
- Insurance is more expensive.
In truth, there are positive and negative aspects to both options. Therefore, the key to navigating Vauxhall approved used vehicle marketplace in style is to appreciate your specific needs and preferences.
Still uncertain? Give Drive Vauxhall a call today, and one of our experienced and dedicated experts will talk you through this issue, along with many others, to ensure you find the perfect motor.