Bluetooth is an incredibly useful addition to any vehicle, allowing you to connect to the car’s system in order to make phone calls, listen to music, and - in some cases - read and reply to text messages. Most people will connect their smartphone to their vehicle in order to enjoy all of these benefits, however, any mobile device with Bluetooth connectivity can also be linked directly to your car if preferred.
In order to activate Bluetooth on your Vauxhall Astra, you will first need to establish whether your vehicle is equipped with Bluetooth functionality. You can check the manufacturer’s handbook or, alternatively, look at the infotainment display; if Bluetooth is available, you will usually see the familiar Runic “B” displayed quite prominently.
If your Astra does indeed have Bluetooth connectivity, you will need to connect your smartphone to the car, which you can do using the following steps:
• It’s usually best to go through this process in your car, while parked, with your smartphone or other mobile device to hand
• Start by pressing the “Configure” button on your Astra’s central control panel
• Scroll to “Phone Settings”
• Select “Bluetooth” from the list of options
• Then select “Add Device” from the list
• The screen will then display a message saying “Waiting for pairing”, along with a four-digit code
At this point, you’ll need to go to your smartphone or other mobile device to complete the pairing. To do this, follow these steps:
• Ensure that your smartphone or device has Bluetooth enabled
• Then select the options to “search for nearby devices” - or a similar command - on your phone
• Your phone will then display a list of nearby devices; you should be able to see an Astra or Vauxhall-related entry
• Select the entry that relates to your Astra
• Your phone will then ask you for a code to complete the pairing; this is the four-digit code displayed on your Astra’s main screen
• Input the four-digit code into your phone or mobile device and select to pair
You can now turn back to the Astra’s screen, where you will be asked if you wish to connect to your device.
• Select “yes” and then wait between 10 and 20 seconds
• The screen should then change, confirming the connection.
When your device is successfully connected, you can make and receive phone calls using your car’s system, play music, and listen to podcasts.
For the most part, activating your Astra’s Bluetooth connection is a simple process. The steps may vary somewhat depending on the model, but the core process should be the same: set up the connection on your Astra, input the provided code into your device, and then complete the pairing.
If you experience any problems activating Bluetooth connections on your Vauxhall Astra, please do not hesitate to call Drive Vauxhall for further advice, or visit us in person; we have a number of dealerships across the UK, including the north east, south west, East Anglia, and the Midlands. As Vauxhall experts, we will be more than happy to provide any assistance required in order to ensure you can get the most from your Astra’s Bluetooth connectivity.